Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 4, 2008

My answer

So here's the thing. Every time my father and I start talking about school he always ends up asking the same questions and saying the same things. Through all of the questions that he asks, there is one in particular that frustrates me; "Why don't you just go to Grad. school right and get your masters? You're talented and smart enough." My response everytime, "that's just not what I want to do with my life right now". Why is it that he doesn't seem to accept that? I have a goal set up in my mind for my future. I will become a music teacher and I want to work in the public school system. K-12 is the most crucial time in a child's life. I want to be an influential person that a student can trust, respect and remember down the road. I'm not looking for fame or wealth, I'm just looking to make a positive difference in someone's life. Yes, down the road I plan on getting my master's and hopefully teaching at the Collegiate level, but until that time comes I am going to be wherever my heart tells me to be.

No comments: